Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Taking a Break

 I want to express what a joy it has been to touch base with blog visitors from 85 different countries and to take a moment to review topics covered in past entries.

     In my introductory post on July 17, 2012, I said I hoped to help kids feel comfortable with the globalization that would be part of their lives. Today I add my hope that human rights violations decrease in their lifetime, toleration for all religions grows, and AI, 3D printing, 6G networks, VR, the IofT, and other technological advances enhance rather than threaten their futures.

     I was surprised to see that my first post about China was not until Feb.2015. Since then, Beijing launched its One Belt One Road and Maritime Silk Road global expansion, increased its military hard power, and added soft power films and International Flower Festivals to its cuddly pandas.

     During the past seven years, the African continent also gained importance. One of the blog's single most popular posts, with 140 views, was "Games Children Play," which provided instructions for filling bags for students with samples of Africa's coffee, tea, chocolate, cotton, and other products. Both research in and distribution of remedies for malaria, AIDS, and other diseases now tackle their devastating impact on Africa's progress. Mobile phones already facilitate banking, information about markets, catching animal poachers, and street repairs. Exploitation and corruption are at least recognized, if not yet cured.

     Finally, I want to thank all the sources, from trendwatching.com to globalsistersreport.org, that have provided the information I was able to convey to you

No comments:

Post a Comment